Crafting great stories while educating and inspiring social change are our documentaries' strengths. Our provocative documentary feature, When Two Won't Do, looks at the intricacies of non-monogamous relationships. We've also created an innovative trilogy of films by and about youth: Longshots, Backroads, and Still Longshots.
All DVDs are NTSC format unless otherwise specified.
The Invisible Red Thread
Fifteen year old Vivian Lum travels with her adoptive father from Canada to China to discover her past in the land she was adopted from as an infant. Watch the trailer.
- Montreal World Film Festival
- Vancouver Women in Film Festival
- International Women's Month Festival of Films
- Yorkton International Film Festival: nominee, best multicultural documentary
Language: English/Mandarin with English subtitles
Troubled youth enrol in a video workshop, learning important lessons from former street kids who went through a similar experience a decade earlier.
A rocky summer in the lives of six street youths as they take part in an innovative video workshop.
- Chris Award, Columbus International Film and Video Festival, 1995
- Best Picture Editing, Hot Docs!, 1995
- Best Social Issues Documentary (nomination), Hot Docs!, 1995
- Golden Sheaf Award, Yorkton, 1994
When Two Won't Do
A wry personal perspective on polyamory and other relationships outside of mainstream monogamy.
- Featured screening, Vancouver International Film Festival (voted among top 10 Canadian films)
Once Upon a Journey
Italian-Canadian high school students learn about their roots through a unique media education project.
The intimate quest of a brother and sister to find the mother who disappeared from their lives 16 years earlier.
- Bronze Medal, News & Documentary Directing, Worldfest-Houston, 1997
- Honourable Mention, Columbus Film & Video Festival, 1997
- Nominated for Best Social Documentary, Hot Docs! 1997
Jay Silverheels: The Man Behind the Mask
This First Nations actor had a lot more to him than just being the Lone Ranger's taciturn sidekick, Tonto.
- Finalist, Native Visions Native Voices Film Festival, Tampa, 1999
Judith Jasmin: Televising the Revolution
She was the sophisticated, globetrotting French Canadian reporter of the 1940s and 50s, doing and seeing things most women didn't even dare imagine...
Runtime: 45:00 French version also available.
Louis Cyr: The Father of Strength
The incredible life story of the strongest man of all time.
- Gold Medal, Sports Documentary, Flagstaff Festival, Arizona, 1999
- Silver Medal, Sports Documentary Directing, Worldfest-Houston, 1999
The poignant biography of Mary Travers-Bolduc, Quebec's risqué singing/songwriting star of the 1930s.
- Bronze Medal, Arts Documentary, Worldfest-Houston, 1998
Interested in our documentary filmmaking? Learn more about the filmmakers at Picture This Productions, a Montreal-based film and video communications company specializing in documentary films, fiction films, corporate videos, and film production and crew services in Montreal.